Italiano  Inglese

Official Portal of Tourism of the Province of Rovigo

Aerial view of Island of Albarella
You are in: Home / Places / Badia Polesine / Villas
Go Back

Badia Polesine


Vangadizza Abbey

Abbazia della Vangadizza

The Vangadizza abbey was built in the middle of the X century, when the Estensi called the Benedictines to Badia and to whom they transferred many of their properties. Already in the first half of the 1200s the Benedictines  were to be substituted by the Camaldolesi who led the destiny of the monastery until its suppression by the Napoleonic decree of 1810.
The cloister, dated 1200,  with its trapezoidal plan, is surely the most interesting and attractive architectonical element of the abbey. From the cloister through an elegant red marble of Verona portal, one reaches the refectory and through the door opposite, enters the Abbot’s garden, from which the Vangadizza square opens, a vast space in front of the ex-church of the Abbey of Vangadizza. Today, of the church, only the external walls remain as the building was demolished in 1813 during the French period.

Address and locality
45021 Badia Polesine



Covered Market

Mercato coperto

In the early Twentieth-century a building was destroyed to make room for the new Covered Market, a Gothic-Venetian style building whose designer was influenced by the Ducal Palace in S. Mark's square in Venice.

Address and locality:
Via Don Minzoni
45021 Badia Polesine



Palazzo Bassi

It is dated to the XVII century and is one of the few palazzos in Badia which still have their original façade.

Address and locality
Via San Giovanni
45021 Badia Polesine



Palazzo Estensi

It dates back to the XV century.

Address and locality
45021 Badia Polesine



Town Hall Building

Comune di Badia

Dated to the XVII century and subsequently renovated several times.
Under its large veranda, between different tombstones and inscriptions, one finds the Piè di Lozza, the ancient surveyor's land measure, incorporated into the wall. Adjacent to the building is the clock tower of 1595.

Address and locality:
45021 Badia Polesine



Palazzo del Monte di Pieta'

Built in the XVII century, today it is the seat of the Civic museum.

Address and locality:
45021 Badia Polesine



Palazzo Rosini

It is dated to the XVII century.

Address and locality
Via San Giovanni
45021 Badia Polesine



Palazzo Rossi

Built in the XVIII century.

Address and locality
Via degli Estensi
45021 Badia Polesine



Teatro Sociale

Teatro Sociale

Built in 1814 it presents an unadorned façade but an interior rich in pleasant decoration and paintings. The stage still preserves intact, the original wooden machinery.

Address and locality
45021 Badia Polesine



Villa Finzi

Built at the end of the Nineteenth Century by Emanuele Finzi, owner of the important Finzi mill, one of the most important industries in Badia at the end of the Nineteenth Century.
The villa has been closed for some years due to renovation work.

Address and locality
Via Pinzon
45021 Badia Polesine



Villa Pellegrini a Salvaterra

Built in the middle of the XVII century, with a central body and two symmetric rear wings with portico on the upper floor. Inside there is oil-painted decoration by Andrea Urbani.

Address and locality
45021 Badia Polesine



Villa Turchetti

Three floored Liberty styled villa, built in 1905, it is characterised by a tower that rises on its left side. The interior is decorated with elegant stuccos respecting the artistic canons of the era.

Address and locality
Via Roma
45021 Badia Polesine