Italiano  Inglese

Official Portal of Tourism of the Province of Rovigo

Gardens Two Towers - Rovigo
You are in: Home / Places / San Bellino / Villas
Go Back

San Bellino


House of Count Dosi Delfini now Altieri

Casa Conte Dosi Delfini ora Altieri

The building dates back to the 1800s, but it is thought to have been renovated at the beginning of the following century.

Address and locality:
Via Argine Santa Maria n°56
45020 San Bellino



Villa Bolognese now Santato

Villa-Bolognese-ora-Santato

The Villa presents architectonical features of the XVIII century.
It is composed of a main body and by a lower side wing. The central body has three floors of which the last one an attic with a pavilion roof. In 2000 it became object of a conservative restoration, which returned the Villa to its original architectural forms.

Address and locality:
Via Belvedere n°29
45020 San Bellino



Villa Ca' Moro Gobetto

Show map »

Villa Ca' Moro

The villa was built in the XVIII century and is divided into three floors; a double staircase leads up to the noble floor. In the background at the rear, is an imposing rustic outbuilding of Neo-classic style. Today, the privately owned villa, surrounded by high enclosing walls and with its oratory, is in absolute need of substantial restoration.

Address and locality:
Via Arginello
45020 San Bellino



Villa Guarini

Show map »

The building dates to the 1500s and between 1580 and 1583, G.B. Guarini lived there, who, thrown out of Ferrara, is said to have composed the ‘Pastor Fido’ here. In 1925 it was entirely restructured, losing its original form and now the once wide rooms of the noble floor have been partially reduced.
The façade lacks architectonical elements and the monotony of the building is broken only by the two flight staircase that leads to the entrance of the noble floor: on the façade there is a plaque (like the one found on the S. Bellino bell tower) indicating the water level reached by the Adige river following the breach of Castagnaro, the 18th October 1823. In the front garden of the villa, remain the ruins of a white marble well curb.

Address and locality:
Via Codosa n°8
45020 San Bellino



Villa Nani Mocenigo now Bertetti

Show map »

Villa Nani Mocenigo ora Bertetti

It was built, as early as 1527, on the site of a previous building of Presciani’s, the administrator of the Duke of Ferrara, who lent his name to the place. The building belonged to the noble Nani Mocenigo and then to the marquees Ludovico Estense Tassoni. It’s a simple building divided into three habitable floors designed with considerable sense of composition, recently intelligently renovated. In front of the residence, connected with a short portico, there is a lodge. Worth noting is the nice tree-lined avenue that still today connects the villa directly to the Presciane church.

Address and locality:
Via Belvedere n° 30 - Presciane
45020 San Bellino



Villa Tomanin

Show map »

The building dated XVIII century, with the Ottoboni - Valente Villa courtyard now property of the Tomanin family, is composed of the owner’s villa and several outbuildings. The complex is easily seen because it is placed in Galvani square, behind the Town Hall, with the entrance on its left side.
According to some archive research, some of the buildings were already present during the 1697 – 1698 surveys with the diction ‘D. Gio. Batt. A Ottobon tiene terra con casa’ in which the property is roughly represented on a general map.  Of interest in the interior: framework of panels with wooden lists which are perfectly conserved and in some rooms simply decorated, the ancient stone Nanto stair, ‘split’ worked in the ‘intrados’, the trimmed and planed brick flooring laid in squares of Eighteenth century craftsmanship, the double wood panelled doors.

Address and locality:
P.zza Galvani n°24
45020 San Bellino



Villa Vallerini

The Villa of eighteenth-century origin, consists of a central body and two small wings added later when the building was already in decline. The façade, dented by two chimney flues, is very simple and balanced and differs from others similar for the short cornice over the balcony of the noble floor and for the shape of the small windows of the granary. During the early 1990s, deep lacerations appeared that did not cancel its original plan completely but unfortunately disfigured it.

Address and locality:
Via Belvedere - Presciane
45020 San Bellino



Villa Zambonin

Show map »

Villa Zambonin

The building dated to the XVIII century, rises outside town, near to the Canalbianco bank, and it has limited dimensions. It consists of three floors and that of the granary is illuminated in its façade by six oval windows. In the centre, above the portal of the noble floor, there once was a fresco now completely disappeared. The façade is very simple and characterised by two chimney flues and of the two chimneys, one was removed, while the other has recently been rebuilt.

Address and locality:
Via Presciane n° 21
45020 San Bellino