Italiano  Inglese

Official Portal of Tourism of the Province of Rovigo

Night View of Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II Rovigo
You are in: Home / Places / Badia Polesine / Places of worship
Go Back

Badia Polesine


Bishop's Church of San Giovanni

S. Giovanni

Completely restructured in 1783 on the remains of a much more ancient building and adapted again in the first half of the Nineteenth Century. On the main alter one may admire a beautiful marble crucifix and an elaborate wooden canopy; the alter dedicated to the Sacred Heart presents a marble frontal of the XVII Century. The work of most artistic significance is an extraordinary fifteenth century high relief in red marble representing Ecce Homo, attributed to Pietro Lomabardo.

45021 Badia Polesine



 



Chiesa romanesquea and Chapel of the Blessed Virgin

Of the ancient Romanesque Church only the outer walls and the chapel  dedicated to the Blessed Virgin remain, built in the 1400s.

45021 Badia Polesine



Oratory of the Madonna della Salute

Oratorio Madonna della Salute

Dating back to the first thirty years of the 1600s, it was commissioned by the Venetian Loredan family. The façade has evident similarities with the Palladian style.

45021 Badia Polesine