Italiano  Inglese

Official Portal of Tourism of the Province of Rovigo

Flock of Flamingos
You are in: Home / Places / Costa di Rovigo
Go Back

Costa di Rovigo



Visualizza Costa di Rovigo in una mappa di dimensioni maggiori

Costa di Rovigo

This small town is situated on the banks of the Adigetto, in the heart of the countryside a few kilometres from Rovigo.
In the centre one may visit the sixteenth century parish church of St. Giovanni Battista with its lovely ceiling frescoed by Giovanni Battista Canal and the church of St. Rocco where as well as decorations of the same artist, one finds a working organ by the great Gaetano Callido. Also worth a mention is the oratory of St. Maria Assunta known as "Dei Battuti" (the fallen), today a war memorial.

The ethnographic museum, "a l'alboron" hosts a social-historical exhibition on country life. After a brief presentation of the territory, the visitor follows a themed path through the cycle of the agricultural seasons where the tools and equipment used in the different agricultural and handicraft jobs are displayed. In May one may follow an itinerary to the capitals dedicated to the Virgin Mary located throughout the area and opened to the public for the occasion. The third Sunday of October an important festival is held dedicated to the "Sacra Spina" (Sacred Thorn), a relic preserved in the parish church and donated to the parish by the patriarch of Venice in 1790.