Italiano  Inglese

Official Portal of Tourism of the Province of Rovigo

Polesine Coasts
You are in: Home / Places / S. Martino di Venezze
Go Back

S. Martino di Venezze



Visualizza San Martino di Venezze in una mappa di dimensioni maggiori

S. Martino di Venezze

Archaeological findings show that the territory of San Martino had already colonized since Roman times; in 1484 the town was handed from the Estensi to the Venetian Republic to whom it belonged until the fall of the same in 1797. Situated in mid Polesine, the town is immerged in countryside which one may peacefully admire by following the river bank by bike or on horseback. From this privileged viewpoint one may also admire the rural courtyards scattered over the territory, among which Ca' Venezze Guistiniani, a rural complex built in the 500s at Saline, Ca' Radetti and Palazzo Corner, a wonderful example of the minor Veneto Baroque of the late seventeenth century. For canoe enthusiasts, there are two mooring docks, one behind the church of St. Martino Vescovo and another at Beverare where there is also a bird-watching tower. Among the typical specialities are the locally milled plain flour as well as gnocchi and fresh pasta.